Study in UK
Deadline: 22nd May 2019
To celebrate the launch of our BSc (Hons) Human Geography programme we are inviting applications to our Human Geography ‘Future Leadership’ scholarship competition. Applications are welcome from Home/EU and Overseas fee paying students.
We are delighted to offer these scholarships to applicants to the BSc (Hons) Human Geography programme commencing September 2019. The scholarships will be awarded to applicants with an excellent academic profile and a motivated focus on pursuing a career which provides solutions to the world’s problems – potential ‘Future Leaders’.
The scholarship will be renewed on an annual basis, for up to three years of academic study, subject to good academic progress. The scholarship are paid in three installments across the academic year, directly into your UK bank account.
“Future Leadership” scholarships of £2000 per year, for up to three years of study
To be eligible for consideration for a scholarship, all of the conditions below must have been satisfied:
- an application must have been made for BSc (Hons) Human Geography at the University of Kent, beginning in September 2019;
- the applicant must have received an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional) on a degree course;
- the University must have received confirmation of the applicant’s firm acceptance of the offer by the deadline date;
- Students who choose Kent as their insurance place will not be eligible for the scholarship
Please note that this scholarship is only open to students beginning a new, full time programme, who satisfy the above criteria.
How to apply
- Applications for the Human Geography ‘Future Leadership’ scholarship must be made via the applicant portal.
- Once logged in, click on My Scholarships and Bursaries. You will then see a list of scholarships that you may be eligible to apply for.
- Click on Apply and follow the steps to submit your application. As part of your application you will need to upload an essay, which should be submitted as either a Word or PDF document. For this essay, please write no more than 500 words on the title: How can Human Geographers make a difference to the world?
The University of Kent reserves the right not to allocate the award if the selection panel identifies no suitable candidates.The scholarship is subject to full terms and conditions which will be provided to successful candidates at the point of award.