Study in Norway
Deadline: 30th April, 2018
Applications are invited for a 4 years position as postdoctoral fellowship at the Faculty of Humanities, for employment from the autumn 2018. The postdoctoral research project must be within the field of medieval studies, and relate to one of the relevant disciplines at the Faculty for Humanities, such as Archaeology, Art History, Comparative Literature, Classical philology (Greek or Latin), Cultural studies, History, Old Norse philology, Philosophy, Study of Religions and Theatre Studies.
The position of postdoctoral research fellow is a fixed-term appointment with the primary objective of qualifying the appointee for work in top academic positions. The fixed-term period for this position is 4 years. 1 year of this period (25% of the position) is designated for duties such as teaching/supervision and administration. Duties will be allocated over the four year period in agreement with the cluster and relevant departments. Individuals can not be hired for more than one fixed-term period as a postdoctoral research fellow at the same institution.
- A good and professionally challenging working environment
- Salary at pay grade 57(code 1352 / pay range 24.1) according to the government salary scale upon appointment. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 490 500. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- A position in an inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
Applicants must hold a Norwegian PhD or equivalent degree, or must have submitted the doctoral thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the PhD has been awarded before appointment can take place.
The academic strength of the applicant and the research project as well as its relevance will be the chief criterion for the assessment and ranking of candidates. With approximately equal qualifications among the ranked applicants, subjects of strategic importance will be weighted in the assessment. Weight will also be given to the applicant’s ability to disseminate research results and develop academic networks. The ability to work independently as well as collaborating well with others are required qualities.
How to apply
Please apply electronically via the link “Apply For This Job ” below.
The applicant must complete the electronic CV-form. In addition the application must include:
- An account of the applicant’s research interests and motivation for applying for the position.
- A project description, with progress plan and basic bibliography (max. 5 pages)
- A short summary of the doctoral thesis (or the thesis itself in electronic format)
- Transcripts and diplomas awarded from institutions of higher education (scanned)
- A list of relevant academic publications
- The names and contact information for two reference persons.
The application and appendices with certified translations into English or a Scandinavian language must be uploaded at Jobbnorge. All attachments must be in Word or pdf format.