There are different types of visas that one can apply for depending on your purpose of traveling to Belgium. Whatever your aim of traveling may be, whether you are going for a visit, to work , reside there permanently or even to study: different visa for different occasion.
Please consult the Belgium Embassy in your country for the updated Belgium Visa requirements!
General required documents for a Belgian Schengen Visa Application:
- A cover letter stating the purpose of a visit to Belgium and itinerary
- 2 passport photographs: a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Flight ticket reservations.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Proof of accommodation for your entire stay in France.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Belgium
- Proof of civil status
- Travel visa insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Belgium and the entire Schengen area.
- Means of subsistence – Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months if applicable
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
If you are employed: You will also need
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from the employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
If you are self-employed: You will also need
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
As a student, you will also need:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
Apart from the general documentation required, accompanying should be other additional documents depending on the purpose of your Belgian Visa application.
Additional documents required for the most frequent purposes of Belgian Visa Application:
Belgian Tourist Schengen Visa additional requirements:
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Belgian Schengen Visa for Business Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the Belgian company you will be visiting and their detailed address accompanied with the dates of your visit
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel
- If there were previous trade relations between the two companies, proof of such events must be provided
- Business bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Memorandum and Article of Association in original certified copy (registered with joint stock companies) Trade License (first issued and present renewal), Proprietorship/Partnership documents
- Regarding the applicant’s expenses during stay in the Schengen zone, either the employer or the partner company must state coverage of expenses on the letter or invitation.
Belgian Schengen Visa for Medical Purposes:
- A local medical report
- A medical attestation from the hospital or doctor in Belgium, confirming the date of your appointment as well as your medical situation
- Payment receipt of medical fees
Belgian Schengen Visa for Religious Purposes:
- Invitation letter from the above-mentioned authorities with details upon the nature of events or activities – purpose of visit , expense coverage
- Names of the applicants (crew members)
- Duration of stay
- Travel itinerary
Belgian Schengen Visa for Members of Official Delegations:
- The official invitation copy
- Identity of applicant
- Purpose of journey (negotiations, meetings, event by intergovernmental organizations, consultations)
- Duration of stay
- Place of accommodation
Belgian Schengen Study visa
- An enrollment certificate allowing attendance of courses
- Certificate of completion or courses attended
- Financial sustenance
Belgian Schengen Visa for Under-Age Children:
- Proof of parent’s regular income (work contract with specified monthly income or a bank statement or business license)
- Notarized travel permission from parent (parental travel consent)
- If one parent lives in another country – their notarized parental travel consent