Home / Immigration / New Chinese immigration policies

New Chinese immigration policies

The passage of new legislation in 2012, marked a step towards stricter immigration control. In June 2012, the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress passed the new Exit and Entry Administration Law (Chujing Rujing Guanli Fa). The law came into force in July 2013. Its first article embodies the tension between managing the challenges and opportunities of immigration: “In order to regulate exit/entry administration, safeguard the sovereignty, security and social order of the People’s Republic of China, and promote foreign exchanges and opening to the outside world, this Law is hereby formulated.”

Related image

In general, every foreigner needs a visa to enter China unless otherwise provided by the Exit and Entry Law. There are four categories of visas: diplomatic visas; courtesy visas (issued to foreigners who merit courteous treatment because of their special status); service visas (issued to foreigners entering China for official service reasons); and ordinary visas.

Check Also:  Apply: Canadian Border Services Agency Recruitment-120,000 Vacant Positions

The State Council is authorized by the Exit and Entry Law to formulate detailed rules for ordinary visas. Issuance of diplomatic, courtesy, and service visas are to be determined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. According to the rules for ordinary visas currently in effect, there are eight types of ordinary visas issued in accordance with the purposes of visits:

  • D visa: issued to permanent residents;
  • Z visa: work visa, issued to foreign workers and their accompanying family members;
  • X visa: student visa, issued to students and others coming to China for training or internship for a period of six months or more;
  • F visa: issued to persons invited to come to China to give lectures or for official visits; business, scientific, technological, or cultural exchanges, or short-term studies or internships lasting less than six months;
  • L visa: issued to persons entering China for tourism, to visit relatives, or for other private purposes;
  • G visa: transit visa;
  • C visa: issued to crew members performing duties on board an international train or aircraft, and their accompanying family members; and
  • J visa: issued to foreign journalists
Check Also:  PhD Scholarship In Greek Archaeology At The University Of Groningen Netherlands, 2018

About admin

Check Also

2018 Matching Scholarships At The University of Adelaide Australia

Undergraduate And Postgraduate Scholarships Study in Australia Deadline: Open all year round About Scholarship The …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: